Counseling And Psychological Services (CAPS)
Confidential services available at no additional cost to Saint Mary’s graduate and full-time undergraduate students
The therapists at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) can help you explore different ways to deal with life's transitions and assist you with more serious concerns—all in a confidential, culturally sensitive, supportive environment. Counseling can help you develop more fulfilling relationships, succeed academically, and feel a greater connection to the SMC community.
How to Get Help
In an Emergency
If this is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Call us at (925) 631-4364
If you are NOT having a life-threatening emergency but one of the following applies, please call us to schedule an appointment today:
- You’ve had thoughts of suicide or attempted suicide within the last two weeks
- You were discharged from a psychiatric facility within the last month
- You’ve had thoughts of harming someone in the last two weeks
- You were sexually assaulted in the last two weeks
- Someone is currently threatening your life
- Call us at (925) 631-4364
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule Online using the "Schedule an Appointment" tab above.
If one of the following applies, you can schedule online, by phone, or email:
Anxiety, depression, stress, racial trauma, self-injury (without the intent of ending your life), problems with alcohol or drugs, adjustment difficulties, eating or body image concerns, issues with self-esteem, academic distress, relationship concerns, struggles with making life decisions, or past trauma.